Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Plus 1

So, I finally got around to shooting some holiday looks (meaning my sister had some time to come over and my nephew had enough fruit snacks to occupy his time.)  For this look, I decided to (gasp) wear white after labor day.  I'm pretty sure no one still follows that rule, but I never understood it anyway.  White looks the BEST in winter to me - it just pops amongst the darker, cold weather back drops.  These pants were a pickup from Zara a few seasons ago.  High-waisted and wide-legged. What else could a girl want?  Both elongate the leg and the high waist covers that disrespectful Thanksgiving pudge.  I had to get them tailored since I'm not a European supermodel, and Zara doesn't exactly make pants for the average height curvy black girl with a short torso.  Don't be afraid to invest in a tailor for classic pieces my friends.  Those well-fitting staples will serve you well for many years to come. I wanted a streamlined look and kept the color palette simple, adding a white cami, tuxedo blazer, and black stillettos. Topped it off with a statement necklace and I was ready to plus 1!  What are your go to holiday pieces?  Be on the lookout for another holiday look coming soon!



















Outfit Details:

Blazer:  H&M (Similar Here and Here)
Pants:  Zara  (Similar Here)
Shoes:  CL So Kate
Clutch:  H&M  (Similar Here)
Necklace:  Express (Similar Here)




No comments:

Post a Comment