Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Grown-Up Overalls

So, when I traditionally think of overalls, the word "chic" never came to mind.  Childhood memories of denim and corduroy one piece disasters I once coveted would come to mind.  Or even the over-sized contraptions of the 90s (with only one strap buckled of course, to keep in line with the 90s one-side disheveled styling).  Neither of these images fit into the more contemporary styling I've grown into as a young lady.  Then these wonders came along.  Although still very true to the overall style, the color, cut, and details added a more modern grown up feel.  With this, I felt like I could be true to my current style while still tapping into the more playful feel of overalls.  I added classic single strap sandals and a red lip to complete my modern day styling of these classics.  Overall (pun intended), I was pleased with how everything came together and for a moment, was taken back to those carefree childhood days... until an image of jean "short-alls" (the short length version of overalls) flashed and then I was back.  Hope this provides a little inspiration for one piece styling! Get into the deets below!














Outfit Details:

Overalls: Express Similar Here or Here
Shoes: Express Find Here
Lip: Ruby Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment